Artificial Grass for Commercial Properties
Eliminate Bare Spots, Pests and Heavy Maintenance
Artificial grass was created in the 1960s to preserve sports fields where natural grass doesn’t hold up to the wear and tear of world class athletes. Over the past decade, the quality, look, and feel of synthetic grass has improved significantly. Therefore, it’s now a viable option for a variety of applications, such as rooftops, hotels, condominiums, theme parks, retail spaces, and other commercial surfaces.
Synthetic grass, typically made of pliable plastic, consists of fibers or yarn quilted together into a woven backing. Meanwhile, the backing contains materials that help the blades remain upright to mimic the look and feel of natural turf.
Petalon Landscape Management offers high-quality artificial grass for commercial properties as part of our landscape management services in the Bay Area.
Attributes of low-maintenance, durable artificial grass:
- Great drainage: Although artificial grass won’t solve existing drainage problems on your commercial property, it has a permeable base that allows water to pass through and return to the water table. You can also request 100% permeable artificial grass for more pet-friendly installations.
- Durable materials: Made of hard-wearing materials, artificial grass for commercial properties resists staining or fading. It also creates a barrier that makes it difficult for dogs to dig through the turf.
- Easy to clear leaves and debris: You can use a leaf blower, stiff broom, or vacuum cleaner to remove leaves and debris without disturbing the underlying soil or your artificial turf.
- Low-maintenance alternative to real grass: Artificial grass is a drought-friendly way to spruce up problem areas on your commercial lawn.
Benefits of Artificial Grass for Commercial Properties
Many business owners have installed artificial that is grass so real looking, it might even fool curious pets! Here are some of the benefits of incorporating next generation turf alternatives to preserve the appearance of your outdoor spaces:
- Water conservation: With California continuing to issue water restrictions, artificial grass solves several problems. By installing artificial grass on a portion of your commercial property and using xeriscaping and other water-smart landscaping techniques, you can conserve a lot of water. This is a perfect landscaping solution for homeowners’ associations with a limited budget.
- Non-toxic, non-allergenic: While natural grass has many good qualities, it contains allergens and can retain chemicals leftover from fertilizers and weedkillers. With artificial grass, there’s no need for fertilization or herbicides, and manufactured turf won’t trigger allergies since it doesn’t produce pollen. Additionally, you won’t need to apply pesticides to get rid of grass-loving bugs.
- Safer surface: Unlike natural grass, artificial turf doesn’t develop divots, dips, or humps. This can help prevent injury when children or pets run and play on it.
You may find that artificial grass pays for itself within two to three years — thanks to all the money you’ll save at your commercial property on pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers.
Call Petalon at 408-453-3998 for assistance choosing and installing artificial grass for commercial properties. Contact us online for information on our commercial landscaping services. We serve the entire SF Bay Area including Pleasanton, San Jose, Walnut Creek, Redwood City and Hayward, and Morgan Hill and Gilroy areas.