Deep Root Fertilization
Experienced Deep Root Fertilization Services
Comprehensive Arbor Care by ISA-Certified Experts
Deep root fertilization done the right way and at a suitable time helps promote the health and longevity of the trees on your property. At Petalon, our trusted network of ISA-certified arborists believe that this is an essential step in arbor care, especially in drought-prone locations such as the Bay Area.
Deep Root Fertilization – An Overview
It’s important to understand why your trees need deep root fertilization. In an urban environment, your trees are subject to several issues:
- Inclement weather, drought-conditions and pollution
- Inherent incompatibility with the soil on your property or the weather in your location
- Loss of vigor during transplantation
These issues could make your trees highly vulnerable to nutrient deficiencies, tree pests and tree diseases. Petalon’s deep root fertilization services will reinvigorate the weakened trees, helping them grow strong and stay healthy.
- What is deep root fertilization? Essentially, it is a type of deep conditioning treatment that helps your trees and plants absorb vital nutrients quickly and efficiently. Typically, the first step to deep root fertilization is a study of the soil sample analysis. Based on the findings, our qualified arborists will:
- Create a fertilizer blend that addresses any deficiencies in the soil’s nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P) and potassium (K) levels.
- Skillfully release the liquid fertilizer 6 to 8 inches beneath the soil’s surface using specialized equipment that allows pressure-controlled injection.
- Repeat the injection of the materials in the root zones at multiple points, 2 to 3 feet apart. They usually follow a grid-like pattern, covering the areas directly below and slightly beyond each tree’s canopy.
- How does deep root fertilization work? The process works at two different levels:
- The liquid fertilizer initiates microbial activity, which in turn enriches the level of nutrients in the soil.
- The pressure-controlled injection of materials promotes soil aeration, leading to a tremendous boost in the soil’s oxygen levels.
- When should you consider deep root fertilization? There are various indications that your trees may be struggling and will benefit from additional care and support.Here are some of them:
- Is there yellowing or discoloration on the leaves?
- Has new shoot growth slackened?
- Are your trees prone to frequent pest infestations?
- Have you recently ordered a soil sample that indicates deficiencies in the N-P-K levels?
- Why is a D-I-Y approach for deep root fertilization not recommended? It makes sense to rely on the professionals for deep root fertilization because:
- This process requires specialized skills, equipment, and knowledge, including appropriate seasonal timing and weather conditions for applications.
- It may not be suitable or recommended for every tree on your property. For example, certain diseased or stressed trees, or newly planted trees that do not have established root systems.
Hire Experienced Arbor Care Professionals in the Bay Area
Maintain the appeal and value of your Bay Area property by hiring Petalon’s professional landscapers and tree care experts. As a first step, order a detailed landscape and tree health analysis, and let our experienced team guide you on the arbor care services and treatments that will help your trees grow and thrive. We also offer a full suite of commercial landscaping services to help you achieve attractive and flourishing landscapes.
Our integrated team of skilled professionals serves a wide range of commercial properties across the Bay Area, including San Jose, Livermore, Pleasanton, Fremont, Milpitas, Mountain View, Redwood City, Morgan Hill, Gilroy, and Palo Alto, CA.
Give your trees the health boost they deserve with Petalon’s expert deep root fertilization services. Call us at 408-453-3998 or contact us online to book a consultation.
We perform our Landscape Management services in these areas:
|Bay Area||East Bay||Livermore||Redwood City||Santa Clara|
|Cupertino||Foster City||Milpitas||San Jose||Sunnyvale|
|Danville||Fremont||Palo Alto||San Mateo||TriValley|
|Dublin||Hayward||Pleasanton||San Ramon||Walnut Creek|