Commercial Landscaping Tips For Spring
To prepare outdoor areas for the growing season, the professionals at Petalon Landscape Management offer these common-sense commercial landscaping tips for spring:
- Perform a general cleanup of the landscape. Fallen leaves, branches and other debris that accumulate during winter should removed. If needed, it’s a good time to repair your hardscaping.
- Assess trees for signs of disease. Spring is the best time to evaluate the condition of your trees, before growth begins. We can then prune your trees and encourage healthy growth with deep root fertilizing and mulching.
- Aerate grass areas. Lawns require periodic aeration to make certain that water, oxygen and nutrients reach the roots. To eliminate unsightly brown areas, Petalon also repairs your lawns by reseeding or installing fresh sod. We also edge lawns for a fresh, tidy appearance.
- Prune with precision. Plants are healthier and better looking when pruned by experts who understand their natural growth habits. Early spring, before the growing season, is an ideal time to prune.
- Adjust, repair and update irrigation systems. Systems left idle during the winter need sprinkler adjustments to ensure a landscape is evenly watered. Spring is also the time to identify areas of standing water for remediation, repair leaks or broken equipment, and update with modern irrigation methods, if necessary.
Petalon Landscape Management’s commercial clients include property management firms, developers, estate owners, and municipalities in Fremont, Mountain View, Walnut Creek, Danville, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, San Jose, Palo Alto, Livermore, and Pleasanton.
Our Organic Approach is Good for the Environment
Petalon Landscape Managment’s green philosophy touches every aspect of our business. Because we believe protecting nature, our professionals implement green landscaping practices such as water conservation, integrated pest management, green waste recycling, and the reduced use of pesticides and herbicides on every project.
Petalon also uses low-emission equipment and hand tools, when practical, to further reduce our carbon footprint.
Learn more about our environmentally sound practices to keep your outdoor areas looking spectacular all year long. Call 408-453-3998 today to schedule an appointment with a Petalon team member.