Large Lawn Care Services
Large Lawn Care Services That Conserve Water
Petalon Landscape Management offers professional large lawn care services for our clients who wish to retain sizable areas of grass but also want to conserve water.
In spite of the recent emphasis on drought-resistant landscapes, lawns continue to be popular throughout California. For many property owners, a thick, weed-free stand of grass is a source of pride. Lawns also increase property values, boost a home’s curb appeal, and provide spaces for children, pets, and enjoying recreational pursuits.
Thanks to Petalon’s large lawn care services, it’s possible to maintain an expanse of grass and still be conscientious about the environment. We provide the conventional services of lawn upkeep, including mowing, fertilizing, integrated pest control, aerating and reseeding, while incorporating cutting-edge irrigation technology that significantly reduces water usage.
A comprehensive assessment of the existing irrigation system by our experts is the first step toward conserving water without sacrificing the appearance and health of a lush, green lawn.
Some of Petalon Landscape Management’s best irrigation practices for large lawns:
- Replacing conventional sprinkler heads with high efficiency nozzles that throw heavier droplets more slowly, decreasing evaporation and runoff.
- Updating older systems with smart controllers that monitor weather conditions and installing drip irrigation, if possible.
- Redesigning sprinkler layouts. Poor sprinkler layout results in uneven watering, leaving dry or soggy patches. Often sprinkler heads need replacing or adjusting to avoid overspray onto sidewalks, patios, or parking lots.
- Adjusting watering times. Irrigation should be done early in the morning or at twilight, when cooler conditions mean less evaporation. Watering at night can lead to development of fungus on grass.
Additional Large Lawn Care Services
In addition to employing modern irrigation technology, Petalon recommends taking these measures in conjunction with our large lawn care services:
- Switch to a less-thirsty variety of grass. St. Augustine, zoysia, bermuda and buffalo grass are all drought-tolerant and stay green throughout the year with minimal care.
- Mow at the proper height so that grass retains precious moisture, stays healthy, and resists fungus. Mowing grass too short weakens grass blades, exposing them to diseases.
We provide a range of landscaping services to commercial customers throughout the Bay Area, including the cities of Fremont, Mountain View, Walnut Creek, Danville, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, San Jose, Palo Alto, Livermore and Pleasanton.
It’s possible to keep a vibrant lawn in the time of drought. Call 408-453-3998 today to learn more about Petalon Landscape Management’s large lawn care services.
We perform our Landscape Management services in these areas:
|Bay Area||East Bay||Livermore||Redwood City||Santa Clara|
|Cupertino||Foster City||Milpitas||San Jose||Sunnyvale|
|Danville||Fremont||Palo Alto||San Mateo||TriValley|
|Dublin||Hayward||Pleasanton||San Ramon||Walnut Creek|