Drainage Maintenance for Commercial Landscapes
Prepare Your Bay Area Property for Winter Rain
Winter is coming and December to March can bring three to four inches of rain to your San Francisco Bay Area commercial property. That’s twice as much or more than the rainfall in any other month. Despite the drought, it’s important to prepare your soil for the relative deluge of the wet season.
Petalon provides comprehensive landscaping services, including installation and repair of drainage systems. You can trust our pros to ensure proper drainage maintenance for commercial landscapes in the Bay Area.
Consequences of Poor Drainage
During the rainy season, improper drainage or compacted soil can cause a slew of problems for the grass and plants on your commercial property. Throughout the warmer part of the year, drought conditions shrink and compact the soil, making it difficult for nutrients and water to reach plant roots. As winter approaches and brings rainfall, the water pooling around ground cover and plants creates a soggy mess that can lead to root rot and diseases that leave your landscaping weak and vulnerable.
Signs of drainage issues:
- Foul odors
- Gray, red, or orange spots in the soil
- Insect infestation
- Moss growing even though you didn’t plant it
- Standing water around plants
If you notice any of these signs, reach out to Petalon promptly. We can provide the necessary maintenance to ensure that your landscape thrives through the rainy season and beyond with proper drainage and loose, healthy soil.
Why Invest in Drainage Maintenance?
Whether you represent an HOA, college campus, or corporation, investing in a drainage maintenance program can benefit your landscape in the following ways:
- Eliminate swampy areas: Our technicians ensure your soil receives just the right amount of moisture without drowning or drying out.
- Install suitable drainage plus an irrigation system: Whether it’s raining every day or sunny and dry, good drainage and the right irrigation system provide your plants, trees and lawns with the proper amount of water.
- Maintain sanitary conditions: Without proper drainage, excess moisture creates a haven for certain pests, such as mosquitoes, bacteria and fungal diseases that can threaten the health and well-being of employees, customers, and visitors.
- Protect your buildings: Proper drainage systems steer water away from your building foundations.
Petalon provides comprehensive commercial drainage installation, repair, and maintenance.
Contact us today to schedule drainage maintenance for commercial landscapes in the SF Bay Area. Call 408-453-3998 for a free quote. Areas we serve include Pleasanton, San Jose, Walnut Creek, Redwood City and Hayward, and the Morgan Hill and Gilroy areas.