Effective Drought Resistant Landscaping Ideas
Water Conservation Techniques that Work
As the drought drags on from year to year, water conservation continues to be a huge priority for business owners in Santa Clara and the surrounding communities. With strict ordinances on water use, it’s hard to design a drought-tolerant landscape plan without help from an expert.
Petalon Landscape Management, Inc. can install high-efficiency irrigation systems and plant drought-friendly plants and trees for a beautiful, earth-friendly commercial landscape.
Keep reading for the top four drought-resistant landscaping ideas from our experienced team.
Proven Drought Tolerant Landscaping Techniques
Put our drought management techniques, such as low water plantings, artificial grass, mulching, and upgraded water management techniques, to work for you. Save time and money and gain peace of mind by hiring us to implement these and other water-saving landscape techniques for your commercial property.
1. Low Water Plantings
Santa Clara Valley Water District has an approved plant list to help residents conserve water through smart landscape designs. Examples include:
- Perennials, such as sand verbena, silvery yarrow, and African daisies
- Shrubs and trees such as yellow jugflower, lemon verbena, bougainvillea, and bamboo shrub trees
- Groundcover and grasses that require less water
2. Artificial Grass
You can save thousands of dollars and conserve water by installing artificial grass on your commercial property. Use it in the courtyard, entryways, and other areas that see a lot of foot traffic. You will save money on lawncare and lower your water bill.
3. Mulching Trees and Shrubs
Mulch holds in water and keeps your topsoil moist. Additionally, it can prevent the sun from leaving the ground parched around your plants. Without mulch, your trees and shrubs will need constant watering.
4. Upgraded Water Management
Petalon Landscape Management can implement a water management strategy for you. This includes designing systems with advanced features such as smart controllers and providing services like:
- Low water irrigation system installation
- Smart irrigation management
- Conservation-minded drainage solutions
- Skilled repair of leaky irrigation systems
Additional Drought Resistant Landscaping Ideas
With the right soil, plants, trees, and irrigation, you can conserve water and minimize the effects of drought. Discuss the following ideas with your landscape management team:
- Grow California-native plants
- Minimize turf, which requires a lot of water to grow and thrive
- Group similar plants together to simplify watering
- Implement on-site rainwater collection
- Maintain your irrigation system to stop leaks
Our team can implement these and other techniques to create sustainable landscapes on your commercial property.
Petalon Landscape Management, Inc. serves commercial property managers and owners in Santa Clara, Redwood City, Palo Alto, Livermore, and Morgan Hill. Call 408-453-3998 or contact us online to discuss more drought resistant landscaping ideas.