Key Insights: The Real Cost of a Natural Lawn vs. Artificial Turf
When to Install Residential or Commercial Synthetic Turf
Look beyond the initial installation cost of artificial turf versus natural grass if you want a comprehensive cost comparison. It’s important to factor in the utility, equipment, and maintenance expenses of a natural lawn before you make a final decision. Synthetic turf lasts longer and maintains its original beauty with little care required. It often makes sense to install it in high traffic areas on your residential or commercial property.
Petalon Landscape Management, Inc. offers expert installation of artificial turf in San Jose, Santa Clara, Gilroy and Morgan Hill (South Bay), Hayward, Fremont, Pleasanton, San Mateo, Redwood City, and Palo Alto. Our lawn care team is available to answer your questions about the real cost of a natural lawn versus artificial turf.
How Much Does a Natural Lawn Cost?
Remember that natural grass requires constant care and maintenance. You’ll need to invest in a lawn mower, trimmer, and other equipment to keep it tidy and neat. Here’s a closer look at the various expenses associated with planting and sustaining a natural lawn:
- Installation and maintenance costs: You’ll need to buy grass seed, fertilizer, weedkiller, and pesticides, which can cost around $1,000 every year, depending on the size of your lawn.
- Water and gas/electricity: Watering your lawn may cost around $200 a month, again, depending on the size of your property and the efficiency of your irrigation system. You’ll need to power your gas or electric lawn equipment too, and that can cost another $100 or more.
- Equipment costs: After you install artificial turf, you don’t have to mow or trim it. Large riding mowers and other equipment can cost thousands of dollars. It may be cheaper to invest in landscape maintenance services if you choose to install natural grass. Don’t forget that you’ll need rakes, hoes, and other equipment if you decide to handle lawn care on your own.
How Does the Cost of Artificial Turf Compare?
Artificial turf typically costs more to install than a natural lawn. However, there are many advantages for property owners looking to save money on lawn care. Here are just a few of the ways you’ll save money with synthetic turf:
- No need to mow or trim artificial turf
- You won’t have to fertilize or reseed your grass every year
- It’s easy to hose down your artificial turf to keep it clean and beautiful
- You won’t need an irrigation system or thousands of gallons of water to keep your lawn green and lush
- You also won’t need lawn mowers and other equipment, which can be expensive to store and maintain
Why Should You Install Artificial Turf Instead of a Natural Lawn?
There are many good reasons for installing artificial turf in a commercial or residential property. It’s a great alternative to natural grass when it comes to children’s play areas and dog runs, and you can also use artificial turf for backyard sports fields and putting greens. If you want to maintain a flawless front lawn, incorporate artificial turf into your landscaping design.
Commercial synthetic turf provides flexible flooring and surface options for property managers and owners too. Whether you want to create an indoor oasis, durable sports field, or unique indoor-outdoor space, we can help you choose the right artificial turf for your needs.
Contact us today to discuss the real cost of a natural lawn vs. artificial turf.Call Petalon at 408-453-3998 for synthetic turf installation and maintenance in San Jose, Santa Clara, Gilroy and Morgan Hill (South Bay), Hayward, Fremont, Pleasanton, San Mateo, Redwood City, and Palo Alto.